The graceful three-story, 25 room Colonial Revival mansion with Georgian overtones is situated on over 18 acres of rolling lawns surrounded by stately elm, spruce and weeping willow trees. Historically restored, it quite simply offers the perfect combination of sophistication and elegance.
The mansion is decorated in period furnishings, works of art, Italian marble fireplaces, rich paneling, and classic oriental carpeting. The open floor plan was especially designed for entertaining, while the beautiful veranda lends another amenity to any special occasion.
Built in 1904 by Henry Bradford Endicott, founder of the Endicott-Johnson Shoe Corporation, it was the second home to stand on the grounds. The original Endicott homestead burned to the ground after the local volunteer fire department, responding to three separate fires burning simultaneously, reached the Endicott fire last. Henry Endicott took the burning of the homestead as a divine command to rebuild - and rebuild he did, in a truly grand manner.
The Estate remained in the Endicott family until 1967. After the death of Henry's daughter Katherine, it was willed to the Town of Dedham to be used for "educational, civic, and recreational purposes." For more information on the Town of Dedham click here.
Today, the Endicott Estate has the distinction of being listed on the National Register of Historic Places.